Monday, November 23, 2009

DO NOT READ ANIMAL LOVERS!!!


I know that many of you love animals, so I apologize for this post on your behalf. However, this has been and is a big part of my life. My dad and brothers were huge hunters my whole life and then I married a hunter. I don't really get into it, nor do I understand the super excitement that surrounds it. But all the men in my life sure do, and so this is a typical weekend for us hunter widows.

We went to Murfreesboro, TN were my brother Peter and his wife Sunshine live. We had so much fun. I am so sad that I don't have more pictures to show of the weekend, but my battery died after I took these photos.
Basically the guys were up and out the door by 5 a.m or 5:30 a.m. They would come home for lunch and then go out again for another hunt until dark.
Sunshine, the kids, and myself had a great time going for walks, shopping, going to the playground, and just playing in the house.
Since moving here, Bronson hasn't been able to hunt as much. So, he was pretty pumped to get a deer. Here are some photos, as Sunshine said, "of our redneck family."

So excited!

We are raising such prim and proper girls. (Bright and Sara Grace, hold that antler higher.)

Family Photo!! Uncle Pete, Bright, Decker John(not pictured), Daddy Deer, Mommy Deer, Bronson, Sara Grace, and Lawson

1 comment:

Traci said...

Have Mike and Bronson talked about hunting? It's my husband's long lost hobby that he's neglected since the kids were born. We just moved from a town where school was closed on Nov. 15 b/c of "opening day!" I don't really understand the obsession either :)